This mixed-use project creates an innovative building typology that challenges conventional thinking and puts low cost-in-use at the centre of the design philosophy. Communal resident winter gardens create distinctive character, help to reduce running costs and contain training suites and dance studios.
The exceptional amenity provision is equalled by the environmental responsiveness. Located in a conservation area, this development provides residents with very low cost ‘guilt free cooling’ and sets a new benchmark for low cost-in-use affordable housing.
- The only ATES (Aquifer Thermal Energy Store) project in the UK
- Winter garden provides thermal buffer & air quality modifier
- Winter heating & summer cooling provided entirely from boreholes
- Air filtered to remove pollen and PM10s
- Hot water provided by borehole
- Hot water boosting provided by solar array
- All water provided from deep aquifer
- Super insulated external envelope
- High performance triple glazing with integral solar control louvres
- Domestic hot water & space heating costs reduced by a minimum of 50%
- Running costs of lifts eliminated
- IT training suite / dance studio / multi-purpose ‘kidzone’