This masterplan is for an urban extension to Northampton. The 120 hectares site will provide up to 2,500 new homes, offering a mix of new housing types and a local centre containing new community facilities, as well as providing high quality accessible open space. It creates a new sustainable residential neighbourhood distinct from, but complementary to the neighbouring villages of Moulton and Overstone - which strengthens their vitality and viability and that of Northampton as a whole.
- Provides a new gateway into Northampton;
- Provides up to 2,500 new homes;
- A local centre containing shops, community facilities and a primary school.
- Resolves and improve linkages between existing communities in this area, improving the range and quality of facilities available to the community.
- The ‘town and tons’ concept sensitively creates buffers around existing, distinct villages and creates higher density areas where infrastructure will best support this.