Langley Point is conceived as the second of a pair of similar office buildings, which together form a gateway to GSA’s ‘Park Central’ development. Located within one mile of the city centre of Birmingham, Langley Point combines the principles of modern office design with a contemporary interpretation of the local tradition of well proportioned, urban, brick terraces, warehouses and industrial buildings.
Langley Point is acknowledged as one of Birmingham’s greenest buildings, achieving a ‘BREEAM Excellent’ rating. It has been applauded by the British Council for Offices’ (BCO) for its approach to the provision of flexible floorspace and was selected to host the launch one of their best practice guides.
- City Centre commercial office building
- Designed to loose-fit, long-life principles
- 45,000 sq ft of adaptable office floorspace, sub-divisible to 3000 sq ft
- Efficient floor plate achieving 82% net to gross
- Materials, bay rhythm and architectural details respond to the local industrial tradition
- The corner stair towers, clad in cast glass panels, provide a strong point of orientation
- Sloping site utilized to provide semi-basement parking
- A ‘BREEAM Excellent’ building incorporating a heavyweight structure, enhanced thermal envelope and passive chilled beams