High quality campus environments provide a tangible benefit to staff and students. Increasingly, with competition for both, a high quality environment can act as an exciting and effective operational and marketing asset.
At Kingston University we have been involved in a variety of projects aimed at raising its profile. We prepared masterplans for several campuses, increasing capacity from 16,000 sq m to 35,000 sq m. The specific buildings and facilities we designed have assisted the University with both its operational requirements and its profile within the sector.
- Space rationalisation & campus master planning
- Preparation of 10 to 15 year development strategies
- New Faculty of Technology building
- New teaching accommodation & lecture facilities
- New laboratory block & heavy machinery workshops
- New 8 court sports hall providing:
- Annual Passive Heat Storage earth sheltered building
- Bar, shops, banqueting facilities and a bio-mechanics lab
- High degree of sub-divisibility to maximise revenue generation
- Recycled heat, waste and water reduce running costs to a fraction of a conventional facility